As economic development efforts in Southern Nevada continue to gain traction, the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance begins 2015 with unprecedented support from the business community. The organization welcomed a total of nine new members to the LVGEA board of directors during board meetings in December and January.
The LVGEA begins 2015 with 41 board members representing a board swath of public entities and private industry sectors influential in Southern Nevada’s economy.
Recently added members include:
1. John Bailey, Managing Partner, Bailey Kennedy, LLP
2. Shelley Berkley, CEO & Senior Provost, Touro University
3. Jason Bruckman, Regional Vice President, Eastridge Workforce Solutions
4. Jeff Parker, Vice President, Manpower Inc. of Southern Nevada
5. Bart Patterson, President, Nevada State College
6. Randy Robison, Director State Legislative Affairs, CenturyLink®
7. Brad Schnepf, President, Marnell Properties, LLC
8. Jeff Silvestri, Partner, McDonald Carano Wilson LLP
9. Stephen Wells, President, Desert Research Institute
“We are proud to announce the addition of so many new members to our board,” said Missy Young, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance and Executive Vice President of Colocation at Switch. “We continue to add talented people who bring a diverse array of expertise and experiences to our board, strengthening our economic development efforts.”
As Tom R. Skancke, CEO of the LVGEA, and the LVGEA board have led efforts to rebrand, expand, and improve regional economic development efforts during the past two years, the organization has facilitated the creation of thousands of jobs to the region.
“We have seen tremendous interest in economic development during the past two years, and that has translated into growth for this organization,” Skancke said. “We are pleased to have so many public officials and private sector executives on our board of directors. Their presence enhances our economic development efforts and bodes well for success in 2015.”
The board of the LVGEA also includes:
1. Missy Young, Executive Vice President of Colocation, Switch (Chairman of the Board)
2. Raymond Specht, Vice Chairman, Toyota Financial Savings Bank (Vice Chairman of the Board)
3. Kevin T. Orrock, President of Summerlin, The Howard Hughes Corporation (Secretary/Treasurer of the Board)
4. Michael J. Bonner, Managing Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
5. Susan Brager, Clark County Commission, District F, County of Clark
6. Joseph W. Brown, Director, Fennemore Craig Jones Vargas
7. Don Burnette, County Manager, County of Clark
8. John Cannito, Chief Operating Officer, The PENTA Building Group
9. Joe Carleone, Ph.D., Chairman and CEO, American Pacific Corporation
10. Paul Caudill, President & CEO, NV Energy
11. Glenn C. Christenson, Managing Director, Velstand Investments, LLC
12. Kirk V. Clausen, Regional President for Nevada, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
13. Richard T. Crawford, President/Owner, Green Valley Grocery
14. John S. Delikanakis, Partner, Snell & Wilmer L.L.P.
15. Elizabeth N. Fretwell, City Manager, City of Las Vegas
16. Donald J. Giancursio, CEO, UnitedHealthcare Nevada
17. Carolyn G. Goodman, Mayor, City of Las Vegas
18. Rich Green, Councilman, City of Mesquite
19. John Guedry, President & Chief Operating Officer, Bank of Nevada
20. Derrick Hill, Vice President , Cox Business and Hospitality
21. Raymond J. Juzaitis, Ph.D., President, National Security Technologies, LLC
22. John J. Lee, Mayor, City of North Las Vegas
23. Robert E. Lewis, President, Lewis Operating Corp.
24. John F. Marz, City Councilman – Ward III, City of Henderson
25. Kristin McMillan, President and CEO, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
26. Monte Miller, Executive Chairman, The KeyState Companies
27. Michael Murphy, President & General Manager, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Nevada
28. Michael D. Richards, President & CEO, College of Southern Nevada
29. Russell M. Rowe, Esq., Shareholder, Griffin Rowe, LLP
30. Donald D. Snyder, Presidential Advisor for Strategic Initiatives, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
31. Cam Walker, Mayor Pro Tem, City of Boulder City
32. Frank R. Woodbeck, Executive Director, Nevada System of Higher Education