Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance Annual Report
LVGEA’s Annual Report Publication
The Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance publishes its annual report to share success stories, show progress on our action plan, highlight key performance metrics, and showcase our investors, board members, and finances.
Click to view or download the 2016 LVGEA Annual Report
Accomplishments At A Glance
Over the past 12 months, the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance worked to enact our mission of growing the economy of southern Nevada through connectivity, community development, and aggressive business recruitment, retention, and outreach. Here are our TOP 10 ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- The LVGEA worked with regional partners to help facilitate 32 business expansions and relocations, which are projected to create 7,260 new jobs in the community
- The LVGEA’s Board of Directors unanimously approved the organization’s first-ever Public Policy Guiding Principles as a reference for federal, state, and local policy makers on what matters most to economic development in Southern Nevada.
- The LVGEA has the largest C-level business board in Southern Nevada, now with 46 members. It continues to make strides as part of its “Drive to 50” campaign, an initiative to bring together 50 of the region’s most influential public, private, and educational leaders to serve on its board of directors.
- The LVGEA released an updated two-year Action Plan that will guide the organization’s efforts to strengthen and diversify Southern Nevada through 2017.
- The LVGEA launched a Research Center designed to help business and community leaders make informed decisions about the Southern Nevada economy.
- In the fall, the LVGEA launched a comprehensive Data Portal with advanced regional mapping tools and thousands of economic indicators and data points updated in real-time.
- In partnership with the Perspective Council, the LVGEA launched two new quarterly newsletters—Perspective Update and Connection Points—that provide enhanced market research, analysis, and community polling.
- The LVGEA reached agreements with UNLV’s Small Business Development Center and Nevada Industry Excellence in order to deliver coordinated business development services. Through the new partnership, both entities will utilize office space at LVGEA to meet with prospective clients.
- Along with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development and WaterStart, LVGEA participated in trade missions to Australia and Singapore in order to strengthen ties with private industry leaders interested in pursuing business opportunities in Southern Nevada.
- The LVGEA continued to advance its community development efforts around education, partnering with the Metro Chamber of Commerce and many others to launch the B.E. Engaged conference in support of education and worked with Nevada Succeeds to form a coalition of business leaders to develop specific policies that will lead to greater success for students.